Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life With Sophia: She's Gonna Be the Boss of You!

Driving through our neighborhood, one recent afternoon, Sophia called out to me in excitement. "Mom, mom, roll my window down...QUICK!" I looked back at her to see what was causing her alarm. Standing off the road were several men who appeared to be construction workers.

OH! I thought, she's concerned about those poor guys, working outside in record high temps without any source of water nearby. My little humanitarian, wanting to call out and wish those guys a "good day" or extend them some good will, to lift their spirits.

I smiled to myself, proud that I have raised such a compassionate, kind little person. "Sweetheart, what are you going to say to those men?" I inquired.

Indignantly she replied, "Those guys are just standing around, talking! I'm gonna tell them to 'Get back to work! Those houses aren't getting built!"

I suspect Sophia has a future in management.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that makes me laugh so hard!!! I really see her moving into management in the future! She knows how to get a group of men working! I still just keep picturing if she actually would have yelled this, what their reaction would be!!??

    ReplyDelete