Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Rose by Any Other Name...

This morning Sophia and I laid in bed, snuggling for a little while after Dada and Alexa left. We're all very excited, because today we *hopefully* will find out the sex of our little cupcake.

Pita and I were talking about the baby; what if it's a boy? What if it's a girl? I started bringing up silly names, "If it's a boy, should we name him Rex?" She giggled and said, "NO! Rex is a name for a dog-boy!" I then offered up "Macie, Iggy and Roxie" (friend's dog's names). Her response was a snort and a giant eye-roll. She then suggested three names that she thinks would make good "baby girl names". Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Isabella. She quickly vetoed my "Cinderella" (in a stage whisper she admitted that she doesn't like Cinderella as much as the other princesses!)

Then I suggested "Sugar" if it's a girl. (Sugar was my parent's dog.) She nodded her head vigorously. I am writing this in apology to my (potential) daughter Sleeping Beauty or Sugar. Please know that we all loved you very much, even before we knew if you were a girl or a boy! We hope you always know how precious you are to us; even if you have an incredibly silly name!

Love,
Mama

P.s.- We found out a few hours ago, that you are a boy!! Everything looks perfect and you were very entertaining during the ultrasound (making the "touchdown" sign, sucking your thumb, kicking legs, etc.) and boy, are your sisters enthralled!! Daddy and I are so incredibly excited to have you here with us.

We had dinner with Uncle Jerry (Grandpa Tom's brother), Aunt Mary and Aunt Kathy (Grandpa Tom's sister) in Casa Grande. On our way home we all shared different names (some of them were serious, most of them were hilarious) and we laughed almost the entire hour-long drive. You are already bringing us so much laughter and joy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Sophia's choices. Too bad it isn't a girl, she might have ended up named Sleeping Beauty Sugar Belle! Boys names can be a bit harder... how about Rufus Xavier Sasperilla Nastase? Or, how about just BOB (no last name, kinda like Madonna).. or maybe something more exotic like Ricardo Cordova Corinthian Leather Montalbahn Nastase? Of course I jest and I'm certain that this little love bug will have a fantastic name. Can't wait for him to arrive and to meet him! 3 and 3 is pretty darn cool you two!

    Love ya!
    Tam P.

    ReplyDelete